Welcome To Our Blog :)

rss

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Well it's the first official day back in the life of a 1L and it's safe to say that all of us are less than thrilled. The day started off with most of us entering the twilight zone, a.k.a. writing class with sha-shana. As we update this blog more, you'll DEFINITELY be hearing more about her. For now, it will suffice to say that she's insane, has trouble explaining the simplest concepts, and after 4 months still can't pronounce how my name is spelled (*hint* ky-ra, just like it's spelled). None of us are too excited to spend another month writing about goddamn Billy Jensen either.

Contracts was also more of usual. Our professor decided it would be a fabulous idea to go to the DMV right before class and didn't show up until 15 minutes before class was over. I still consider it time well spent; we got to discuss our simultaneous obsession with True Blood (Nicole and I got addicted over Christmas break, Udeme was ahead of the curve- no pun intended) and catch up on how tired we were/how much we hate school/how much it sucks to be at school...etc.

Constitutional Law was our only new class of the day. Today was basically a review of things a lot of us probably discussed in undergrad; the purpose(s) of a Constitution, separation of powers, fundamental rights, John Locke blah blah. It was good though because I feel pretty familiar with this stuff which is a good confidence booster going into this hellish semester. I'm also looking forward to reading a lot of cases I haven't heard of before, considering we're focusing more on the powers/duties of the branches and how they exercise their power as opposed to the protection of individual rights, which is the area of Constitutional Law I am more familiar with. Ughh that was probably a pretty boring paragraph but oh well.

In other news, I have been back in D.C. after spending my break in Ann Arbor (Go Blue!~) and Colorado and have yet to receive my luggage from Delta after 2 days. I'm officially emotionally drained from being on hold for hours and no longer care as long as it comes soon. Crim. Law homework to get to, so I'm signing off.

Kyra

1 comments:

ubuwan said...

hil-what?arious lol

Post a Comment