Welcome To Our Blog :)

rss

Monday, August 29, 2011

"Poppin'....3L Swag, Hurricane Irene 2011"


So as if an earthquake wasn’t enough, Hurricane Irene stopped by to say hello. I really didn’t take the hurricane seriously at first until I finally sat down and watched the news. I was still skeptical since the media LOVES to employ fear to get everyone acting crazy (let’s not forget Y2K). Anyways, Pikachu Sims got me the most scared when she suggested that we both evacuate. She proposed that we should drive 8 hours to Ann Arbor, Michigan. Knee-Cole got me even more scared because she didn’t say that driving to Michigan to escape Irene was a ridiculous idea.

Anyways, the video above was taken on Friday (the day after we chose not to evacuate). We we’re nervous but we decided to take our chances with Irene. TT, the PLB, and my cousin all camped out in our apartment. We stocked up on some wine and snacks and we had flashlights & candles handy. We felt the brunt of the storm on Saturday. All in all, we went without power twice, but we survived. Ironically, Sunday was the most beautiful day that I’ve witnessed in a while. In the end, we are very thankful that it wasn’t worse for us and we feel for the families of those who lost their lives in this hurricane.

Til Next Time,

UBU

0 comments:

Post a Comment