Welcome To Our Blog :)

rss

Saturday, August 28, 2010

We're Baaaack, OCI or Die, & All the Etceteras


Hello world,

It's been a minute since we've been on here. Last time we left off, we were 1Ls talking about our blues and well, it's carried over to 2L year. Different year, same people and same woes. We lost a few but Real HUSL is still intact and in full effect. FYI, the blog will remain 1L Blues...despite the change in class level. So deal with it.
Anyways....our summers were great. I speak for myself (but I think the others will concur) when I say that it was great to have my life back. To remember how happy I could be...sheesh! It was a long time coming. It was too short and as soon as I knew it, I was smack dab in DC.
Pika & I ditched the projects, aka the East Towers, and we actually landed a great spot....after several mishaps (loooong story). So thankful that we're not homeless, though I can't say the same for a few of my colleagues. School is in full swing and so is good ole OCI. So we don our jazziest suits and try to knock these interviews out the park...it's not easy but it's got to be done. It's stressful trying to solidify your life for the next few years within the next few months. But as usual, I have my people to hold me down.
On a lighter note...I think last night counted as our first night out. With excessive drinking at Aleros (shots, shots, shots, shots, shots, shots), jamming at Tom Toms in Adams Morgan, and grubbin on breakfast at The Diner (though I didn't grub and was half asleep), it was an eventful night/morning.
And as usual, because randomness follows us, as we walk back to the car at the end of the night, we see a man down. Literally....I mean, down on the concrete. We notice that he was breathing (phew) and we call for assistance to get the inebriated man some help. Sleeping on the ground around Adams Morgan with phone and wallet in tow is no bueno. Hope when he slept the liquor off, he was glad we helped him. *sigh*

Till Next Time,

UBU

0 comments:

Post a Comment